Monday, April 26, 2010

regrets of a father

Harsh words, broken glances
Cold looks, violent absense
So many regrets, so much lost time
Remember when I thought you were mine?
Troubled memories cloud my past
Smiles and laughter gone too fast
Why didn't I see? Didn't I know?
A blink of an eye, look at you grow
I can't take back the words I said
Can no longer tell stories to you before bed
No more hugs or piggy back rides
Can't go back, I get no second tries
All I can do is look is your eyes
Get down on my knees, apologize
Beg that you don't do the same to your own
Tell them you love them for as long as you've known
Hug them, kiss them, hold them so tight
But always encourage them to grow wings, take flight
I love you, my dear, I know its too late
Somehow I disguised impatience as hate
Never told you before, I'm blaming my pride
But I'm telling you now, I can no longer hide

No comments:

Post a Comment