I gave you my soul, every part of me
Opened up my world, completely, whole-heartedly
You opened my eyes, made the world shine
Never thought I'd find a heart just like mine
You made me smile, changed my whole life
Even thought of making you my wife
When I was alone, feeling the weight of the world
You'd gather me up, defeated, unfurled
You'd whisper in my ear strength and grace
Lift up my chin, your hands on my face
You'd wipe my tears away from my cheek
With just one look, you made me weak
Then somehow, everything changed overnight
Your feelings have changed, your words full of spite
How could this happen? I don't understand
I'm left with questions, confusion, unmanned
I don't know what, I don't know why
All I can do is sleep and cry
They all say "It will get better"
All I can do is write you this letter
Don't leave, my dear, with a hard heart
Just because our ways must part
I love you dearly, I always will
A void in my heart, you'll always fill
I wish you happiness, love, and light
You've taught me so much of love and life
You will always be my friend and lover
Don't forget me when you find another
Look back on this, learn lessons abound
And never forget the love that you found
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh my goodness Allyssa! I just got teary eyed a little bit, this is marvelous!!
ReplyDelete